Wow.. So this has just happened. I have been nominated for LIEBSTER AWARDS. Twice!!!
I am so thankful to all of you lovely readers for continuing to read my rambles and shambles on my favourite subject - BOOKS & LITERATURE. I also would love to say a huge THANK YOU to the two lovely ladies who nominated me:
Chloe Yume from http://epitomeofwords.blogspot.ca
Teisha from http://girlwritesreviews.blogspot.co.uk
Both of these girls are trying so hard to show you what are they good at and how much they are loving to write for you. I have checked out these girls and their blogs, and damn there is some serious competition for me out there.. ;-)
LIEBSTER AWARDS are given to new or small (less than 200 followers) interesting bloggers and blogs on the rise. It's a fantastic way to introduce yourself to the blogger platform, find some new blogger friends and maybe increase your numbers.
There are some rules to obey:
1. ONE MUST POST 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF
2. ONE MUST ANSWER 1 QUESTIONS ASKED BY WHOEVER NOMINATED YOU
3. ONE MUST ASKED 11 NEW QUESTIONS TO 9 BLOGGERS WITH LESS THAN 200 FOLLOWERS. YOU CANNOT RE-NOMINATE THE BLOGGER WHO NOMINATED YOU
4. ONE MUST LET KNOW THE 9 BLOGGERS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN NOMINATED
Sounds like a lot of fun, sorry that it took me a while to write this post, but finally I got it all together and I am ready to share this post with you. Hope you will like it.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I am a health freak. I am obsessed with healthy eating and making sure that I treat my body well. My absolute favourite are the girls from TONE IT UP & HONESTLY HEALTHY company.
- My ideal job would be working for a publishing house, writing book reviews whilst living in the City Of Lights & Love - PARIS.
- I dream of owing a cafe / book store.
- I am proud to call myself a NERD.
- My favourite film is STAR TREK. Yes, and by that I mean the newest remake with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto. That film never fails to bring me back from dark places.
- My favourite colour at the moment is MINT GREEN. I have it on my walls, I have in on my bedding and I want a lot more of that colour in my life and wardrobe.
- At the moment I have 100 books in my library I haven't read yet and I still keep buying more.
- In the eternal debate of Microsoft vs. Apple, I am definitely an APPLE supporter. I own every product - iPod, iPad, iPhone, MacBook and recently purchased iMac. Have I mentioned that I love Apple products?
- I read a lot of ARROW FAN-FICTIONk and I enjoy it. I think Felicity Smoak is the best thing what happened to Oliver Queen. #Olicity
- If I could become friends with any author, I would be friends with Rainbow Rowell and Holly Bourne.
- I cannot play video games. I am an absolute useless gamer. Never have been into them, cannot co-ordinate my hands and workout the remotes. But I do love X-Box Kinnect.
ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS... wow I feel like I am finally going to places ;-)
1. DO YOU LIKE TO WRITE, AND IF SO, WOULD YOU EVER CONSIDER WRITING A NOVEL?
Of course, I do like writing. I do a lot of writing for the blog. I do have a wild imagination so with it comes wild dreaming. So to share the dreams with my sister, I write her stories which only she can read. I would love to write a novel, but at the moment I prefer reading to writing.
2. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR AND WHY?
Rainbow Rowell. This woman is a great writer. Her books never fails to bring a smile to my face. Her stories are down-to-earth and very relate able. She is a magician in the world of literature. Not to mention that I am not able to put any of her books down until I am at the end of the story.
3. ANY WEIRD READING HABITS?
I cannot watch TV or listen to music while reading. It distracts me. Also I do bite my nails while reading. Naughty me!! While reading the book I become a part of the story, so if I am not invested in it, if I cannot imagine myself being a part of the book, I know I do not like the novel.
4. WHY DID YOU START YOUR BLOG? WHAT INSPIRED YOU?
This will sound really cheesy, but it's the truth. I actually dreamt that I have my own blog. It was due to my frustration not being able to talk to anyone about the books I read, so I decided to write my own reviews and post them online. Year and a half later, VOILAA, the blog is taking off.
5. WHAT CAN YOU BE FOUND DOING ON DAYS WHEN YOU JUST HANG AROUND THE HOUSE?
Sleeping. Cooking. Reading. Watching telly. Stalking Stephen Amell on Facebook. Not to mention, that I read a lot of Arrow Fan-Fiction.
6. WHO IS YOUR INSPIRATION, OR SOMEONE YOU LOOK UP TO?
Another cheesy answer, but MY MUM. She is a superwoman who didn't have the easiest life but still managed to raise to very independent women. She is caring, smart, beautiful and very very funny.
7. WHAT ARE SOME THINGS YOU HATE AND WHY?
Spiders. Snakes. Sharks. Any kind of insect.. the world can do without them. I can do without them. They creep me out. Also I hate the fact that Gluten Free and Healthy grocery and products are more expensive than normal products. Way to promote healthy lifestyle !!
8. WHAT ARE SOME PERSONALITY TRAITS OF YOURS THAT YOU LIKE? WHY?
I can be objective when it comes to making decisions, so I hear out both sides of the story before I decided what I think. I am very independent and love doing everything for myself by myself.
9. IF YOU HAD ONE SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
I think I'd like to fly. Flying gives you the opportunity to go to places and feel free.
10. WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH A MILLION DOLLARS?
Quit my job and finally pursue the dream of opening a cafe book shop.
11. IF YOUR LIFE WAS A REALITY SHOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE ABOUT?
Uugh... this is a hard one. I'd love to be a part of Made in Chelsea. I love everything about the show and it's the only reality show I actually watch. Every single episode. But if I would have a reality show about my life, it would be about pursuing the goal of working for a publishing house and trying to make it in the blogging world.
1. WHICH DO YOU PREFER: TEA OR COFFEE?
Coffee. Any day. Any time. Any opportunity. With a chocolate cake preferably.
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TV SHOW?
ARROW. Oh Stephen Amell. That man is just amazing. I wish he would be single and ready to mingle. And somehow I would meet him and marry him. He is the man of my dreams. Not to mention, that Felicity Smoak is my favourite character of all the time. Emily & Stephen have such an amazing chemistry sparkling between them and I really hope that the writers will finally start to use it and make sure that Oliver Queen finds his happiness with Felicity. This is the best comic book interpretation since Sin City. Especially when it comes to DC comics.
3. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK AND WHY?
THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER by Stephen Chbosky. This book has literally changed my life. When I hit my rock bottom couple of years ago, this book managed to save me with the story within its pages and I managed to find myself after being lost for a very long time.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE?
As mentioned before, STAR TREK - the newest remake.
5. WHAT OR WHO INSPIRED YOU START BLOGGING?
A dream, plus I think saying that I am a blogger with my own blog sounds pretty amazing.
6. WHERE DO YOU SEE, OR HOPE TO SEE, YOUR BLOG IN THE NEXT YEAR?
I wish I could take this blog further. I do hope that more people will start to read it so I can maybe pursue the career of full-time blogger - book reviewer. I plan on starting to release some merchandise - tote bags are always great to carry your books and snacks.
7. WHERE DO YOU SEE, OR HOPE TO SEE, YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS?
I hate this question at job interviews. The reason why is because I do not know. My life is an open road. I might be still stuck in my current job or I might be finally pursuing my dreams. The latter would be preferred, but I will just go with the flow.
8. WHICH DO YOU PREFER: HARDBACKS OR PAPERBACKS OR E-BOOKS?
There are some beautiful Hardbacks out there, which I absolute adore, but I do prefer Paperbacks as they are easier to carry around. E-books are great for holidays when you paid only for hand luggage.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK STORE?
My favourite book store actually closed down couple of years ago, but now I adopted a new one. It's the Leeds Branch of Waterstones. I can get lost there for hours not being sorry one bit about it.
10. FIND THE NEAREST BOOK, OPEN IT TO THE PAGE 93, WHAT DOES THE FIFTH LINE READ?
E. Lockhart : WE WERE LIARS
"... the path to Red Gate." How poetic, don't ya think?
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE QUOTE OR PERSONAL MOTTO?
"Things always happen for a reason."
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY FELLOW BLOGGERS TO ANSWER:
- Where is your favourite place to read and why?
- If you could be one fictional character, who would you be?
- Audio books - Yes or No? Why?
- What would be the theme tune of your life?
- Which character you find yourself most drawn to?
- The ultimate comfort story and why?
- If you could meet an author (dead or alive) who it would be?
- Find your nearest book, open it on the page 177 and read the seventh line. What does it say?
- What film never fails to bring a smile to your face even in the darkest of times?
- What 3 books would you take on a deserted island?
- Which book would you love to see to be made into a film?
PASSING THE TORCH TO MORE LOVELY BLOGGERS:
Abbie from http://beingalondoner.blogspot.co.uk
Kaytee from http://mylongestholiday.blogspot.co.uk
Keeley from http://keeleyreads.blogspot.co.uk
Kaycee from http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.co.uk
Kayla from http://www.thebookishowl.net
Olivia from http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl
Sandee from http://awhimsicalreader.blogspot.co.uk
The girls behind http://paperbackdolls.com
Katie from http://www.fangirlingandthings.com
So girlies, get your laptops ready and hopefully you enjoy doing this post as much as I did. Again, Thank You very much for my nomination, hopefully this post gives you an inside of who I am and why I love what I do :) Congratulations to all the one who have been selected for future posts.